The R/C motorcycle Hints and Tips page!
We provide here news and useful hints and tips for the Kyosho Electric Motorcycles!
Nick Duthie from Scotland wrote the following:
You mentioned there was racing somewhere in the UK. I thought you might like to add this to your page sometime. The bloke who runs it is called Paul Weaver (+44 (0)1695 733030) and the club is called the North West R/C Bike Club. It races through most of the year at various circuits in the North of England. They also race sidecars which are converted Mardave Ministocks (1/12th scale oval racers) with a specially made
motorbike sidecar shell which is available from the club.
Some more set up tips!
I hope this will be of some help
- Remove the corner of the battery compartment where the chain drags accross it.
- Cut away the front of the belly pan to improve the wheel clearance.
- Bend the side supporting stabilizer loops down to stop the front end understeering in corners by reducing the angle of lean.
- Fit a screw from under the battery tray to press on the swing arm for ride height adjustment.
- Remove the 'O' rings from the front oil shocks and fill them with grease, not oil.
- Cut a spare intermediate gearbox gear (18 tooth) in half and insert the small 10 tooth pinion into it, glue it back together and you have a 'mega pinion'
- Put a screw throught the chassis front into the gear box plate as a chain tensioner.
Eskbank, Midlothian, Scotland
One very recent useful tip: From Janssen Manuel, from the USA, dated Monday, January 28, 2002.
For motor you can fit an HPI micro rs4 45t motor.
and some more info, on Jan 29, 2002:
hi, i have some tips for you guys. if you are having troble with the front hop-up shocks (forks) from kyosho leaking from the orange o-ring replase the with a little smaller o-ring. and you guys that want to go faster try picking up a hpi micro rs4 motor. (its a 45t motor) if you want some hop-up part for your 1/8 motorcycle email me. i know a shop from hong kong that have some.
thank, hopefully i have been some help to you guy.
Again from Janssen Manuel, on January 09, 2002:
GO FAST TIPS;
1.GREAT PLANE PART # GPMG0305 S 280 7.2-8.4 FERRITE MOTOR BB(ABOUT 20 US DOLLARS)W/ 14T PINION
2.SANYO KR-600AE CADNICA EXTRA (ABOUT 4 US DOLLARS EA.) NEED 6 IN STICK PACK CONFIG.
Feel free to send us your comments, ideas, hints and tips, whatever! Even photos are welcome!
Back to R/C models page...
Copyright ©Maitre 1996
Page updated on Sunday, December 01, 1996